1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Came out to driveway and noticed Hazards were on and didn’t shut off

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by YoWood, Nov 13, 2022.

1. YoWood

YoWood New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Which later killed the battery.
    I unhooked terminals and charged the battery.
    What I did noticed was ABS/ Brake / Skid lights almost everything but the death triangle.
    Through the reader on and got uo293
    Lost communication with hybrid/Ev powertrain control module.
    Car had 230k and this came out of nowhere. I took it for a ride up the block and the blinkers did not speed up at higher speeds rather stayed constant.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Check the hazard button; it’s failed somehow, in always closed position?

3. YoWood

YoWood New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Brother,
    The car wasn’t used in weeks. One night I came out to go to work and the hazards were on. There is another thing that causes it. (Also, doesn’t make sense with all the hazard lights that came out of nowhere) Was hoping someone who has had the problem can help with fix.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    For starters, just pop the hazard button out and unplug it. Do the hazards stop? If so, it's something to do with the switch. If not, it's something else.

If it's something else, I might next go look near pin 10 (HZRI) of the brake ECU. You haven't got the characteristic blinks-faster-with-car-speed that you see when pin 10 shorts to pin 11 (SP1). But still, that known problem indicates that shorts do somehow develop there sometimes. If a simple short to ground developed there, you would have the rather constant blinking you describe.