1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Camera captures Bigfoot! — or a bear ??

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by FloridaWen, Oct 31, 2007.

1. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21518056/?GT1=10450

Camera captures Bigfoot! — or a bear
    Some say creature a young Sasquatch, others call it a mangy bear
    RIDGWAY, Pa. - It is furry and walks on all fours.

Beyond that, about the only thing certain about the critter photographed by a hunter's camera is that some people have gotten the notion it could be a Sasquatch, or bigfoot. Others say it is just a bear with a bad skin infection.

Rick Jacobs says he got the pictures from a camera with an automatic trigger that he fastened to a tree in the Allegheny National Forest, about 115 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, hoping to photograph deer.

"We couldn't figure out what they were," Jacobs said of the images captured on Sept. 16. "I've been hunting for years and I've never seen anything like this."

He contacted the Bigfoot Research Organization, which pursues reports of a legendary two-legged creature that some people believe lives in parts of the U.S. and Canada.

"It appears to be a primate-like animal. In my opinion, it appears to be a juvenile Sasquatch," said Paul Majeta of the bigfoot group.

However, the Pennsylvania Game Commission has a more conventional opinion. Agency spokesman Jerry Feaser said conservation officers routinely trap bears to be tagged and often see animals that look like the photos.

"There is no question it is a bear with a severe case of mange," Feaser said.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FloridaWen @ Oct 31 2007, 03:46 AM) [snapback]532821[/snapback]</div>
    It looks to me like a guy in an ape suit. I once had a sweater that looked like that. Add pants and a mask and you've got your sasquach costume for Halloween.

3. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Funny that with all our advances in camera and recording technology no one's been able to get a clear, definitive recording of Bigfoot or Nessie or a ghost or <insert paranormal mythical creature here>. The recordings are always poorly lit, the camera shaky and the pictures blurred or obscured somehow. Hmmm...wonder why that is?

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought that the guy who went around making all those Sasquatch prints died a few years back...didn't his son supposedly reveal all the molds his Dad used to make them, or something like that...

...or was this, too...part of the story...?
    ;-)

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moxiequz @ Oct 31 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]533028[/snapback]</div>
    Great point! I have a plane-Jane point-and-shoot camera, and no experience with it before this summer, and yet I got lots of clear pics, including one distant but clear and decent picture of the bear we saw. Pictures of monsters and UFOs are always so blurry you cannot tell what they are.

6. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    DH just told me that Cabella's, the hunting catalog, has page after page of IR cameras and motion-activated cameras, just because hunters DO like to get shots of animals at dusk/dark, so they get an idea of the wildlife in an area they are planning to hunt in.

Oh, and Sasquatch is real. :D