1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Camry Hybrid 50th Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by hycamguy07, Mar 15, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/20/toyota-...ersary-edition/

Im not surprised on the price tag, I saw a prius with a 30k price tag.. :huh: It even had the gold hybrid badging....

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I wonder why they haven't made a special edition Prius?

Instead the have a Prius & a Touring Prius..

3. meshell

meshell New Member

hello hycamguy.....obviously you have a hy cam. i have put a deposit on a 50th anniversary hy cam and am considering trading in my prius. this is going to sound like a subjective question, but do you love your hy cam? i really have enjoyed my prius over the past year but am really interested in a bigger car that still gets great mileage and is hybrid, as i like the ride and the lack of idling at most stops. i am really nervous about getting rid of a car that i actually still love, but am intrigued since i test drove the hy cam and the difference is HUGE. any insight would be appreciated. also, have you seen the blizzard pearl? is it nice?

4. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meshell @ Jun 30 2007, 09:02 PM) [snapback]470829[/snapback]</div>
    I did the same and have no regrets. Ride and handling is a night and day difference, though in some ways the runabout feel and certain other design features of the Prius somehow make it more fun in some ways than the more traditional Hycam sedan.

5. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meshell @ Jun 30 2007, 09:02 PM) [snapback]470829[/snapback]</div>
    I did the same and have no regrets. Ride and handling is a night and day difference, though in some ways the runabout feel and certain other design features of the Prius somehow make it more fun in some ways than the more traditional Hycam sedan.

6. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

7. funpilot

funpilot Junior Member

I too am considering this model. Anyone actually see this color in real life? My local dealer says it was a flop and does not have any. I do see where I can get it from other dealers a couple of hundred miles away. I lost my Prius last week in a flood so I will need to get a car shortly. Any comments are appreciated on this color vs others and the premium for this vehicle...Also, did not see that it includes XM radio, am I right?

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anybody have "real life" interior pictures? None of the US dealers I went to had any on the lot.

9. meshell

meshell New Member

well, i am in the works and may have mine by the end of the week. i am kinda nervous...i hope it all works out. as far as the xm, is is satellite ready but does not come with the unit. as far as the color, i have heard that it is beautiful. the dealer that i went to after the first one tried to screw me on my trade in had just sold theirs today so i am getting one off the next shipment....maybe....working the numbers...

10. rhawkins

rhawkins New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meshell @ Jul 2 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]471984[/snapback]</div>
    My wife baught the 50th anniversary edition and it is the same pearl white as the Avalon and lexus. Our local dealer had three anniversary editions on their lot last April and my wife bought the last one they had in early May. I haven't seen any anniversary editions at no other Toyota dealers.
    It is a really nice car and it rides and drives even better. We took it on vacation last July and averaged 40.4 mpg. The Toyota hibrid doesn't get as good mpg as my 06 Prius but my Prius doesn't ride or drive and it don't look as good as my wifes Camary.