1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Camry hybrid engine wont start

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by OmaramO, Jun 27, 2015.

1. OmaramO

OmaramO Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    P0A80 Replace Hybrid Battery Pack
    p3190 no engine power
    Engine does not start code I believe

a few other codes i think p3000. So i started working on this Camry and when I got the car it was only running from the hybrid battery (on the screen that shows the hybrid battery gas engine and electric motor no lines were moving). So I took it apart and found one low voltage cell when i started to take the battery apart I realized all the cells were severally overheated so I ended up replacing all 34 cells when I put the car back together P3190 popped on instantly. The car drove perfect I test drove it for 30 miles without a issue. So i parked the car for 2 days then went to test drive it again and within seconds of being in the car the battery went from the top of green all the way to the bottom and P0a80 popped back on and again it run without the combustion engine. So I assumed one of the cells must be bad so I took the battery apart and checked all the cells and they are still all above 7.7V. I really do not know whats going on any help would be amazing it is my cousins only car and I really need to get it running ASAP. Thanks in advance

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you probably need to balance the cells.

OmaramO likes this.
  3. OmaramO

OmaramO Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    That's what I was thinking to do I have a grid charger from hybrid automotive LLC for the Toyota Prius I was thinking about charging the cells in a Prius pack and then swapping them into the Camry pack. I have seen a lot of people just throw a unbalanced cell into a Prius pack and not had a problem for a long time. So I am just wondering if there might be another problem I am not checking. Its odd to me that the combustion engine wont turn on considering that in a Prius when the battery starts having problems the engine goes into overdrive.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    good point. there is a point in battery degradation when the engine runs more, and then a point when it won't start. parameters in the computer i suppose, but i'm no expert. maybe talk to the grid charger mfg.

OmaramO likes this.