1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Camry Hybrid for $1200 under MSRP!

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by robby100, May 31, 2006.

1. robby100

robby100 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I had a deposit down at Metroplex Toyota in the DFW area in Texas and was waiting for a Jasper Pearl TCH vehicle to come in. The negotiated price was MSRP. Meanwhile I found out that Toyota Financial had some lease incentives available in TX that were to expire on May 31. So I started scouring for vehicles in adjacent states that Metroplex could trade with so I could get in on the incentives.

I found a Fully loaded TCH (Leather, Sunroof, Nav, Heated Mirrors + Alarm system added by Gulf States) at Bohn Brothers Toyota in Harvey, Louisiana (New Orleans suburb). When Metroplex was unable to negotiate a trade with them I got in touch with them directly. Initially they were unwilling to comedown from MSRP, but 3 days later I got a call offering me the vehicle at $1000 off. I managed to negotiate some more and got $1200 off MSRP. Car was shipped to Dallas for $233 (my expense) and arrived today.

Be cautioned that my experience might have been unique - but if you call them, ask for Ernest Fanguy (pronounced Fangee). Tell him Ravi referred you to them and they have promised to work "good deals".
    It seems like New Orleans area dealerships are struggling to move their cars. Their number is 504-341-3300.

By the way I would also highly recommend Metroplex Toyota in the DFW area. Call and ask for Natalie Kopp or Barbie Kopacki. They were honest, courteous and a real pleasure to deal with. Their number is 972-780-1166. If you push them they will offer $300 off MSRP.