1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Camshaft Carrier Markings

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by RedSparky26, May 22, 2024.

1. RedSparky26

RedSparky26 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good Afternoon!

I was changing the head gasket on my 2010 Prius and noticed the lettering "A-E" on the bridges that hold the camshaft down. I started looking in the service manual and didn't find any mention of them. So, i looked up pictures of them and replacement parts and found "W-E, W-G, W-F, P-A, P-G, P-F, P-B, L-H, L-B, and L-K. I called a couple dealerships and was informed they had no idea what these markings mean, I was curious if anyone on here knows what these markings signify? Not a super important question, just curiousity.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Some kind of sizing rigmarole that has to be followed I'm sure they've done this to some of the bottom ends well I guess to all of the bottom ends now this was coming online as I was kind of going off I guess as we'd look at it. But I think this started back with the 4AGE in its later iterations which is used in many many many vehicles including the venable AE86