1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can anyone help me find these license plate screw covers??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ES44AC, Mar 16, 2013.

1. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I realize this is a long shot but I like to use decorative caps to cover the screws or bolts that hold my license plates on.

I am hoping that 'maybe' someone has seen the type of covers I am showing in the attached photos.

There are many manufacturers of this sort of thing like Cruiser or Snap Ap. The ones shown are NOT made by either of those companies. In fact I got them from a Mercedes dealer about 6 years ago and have been using the same set of 4 ever since on all my various cars. Recently I noticed that somehow one had fallen off and I was left with only 3.

They are very unusual in the sense that I have never seen any like them. The sides are totally straight and there is the SLIGHTEST convex curve on the top, leading to an almost 90 degree edge where it meets the side of the cover.

The bottom OD is all but 5/8" + 1/64" the overall height is all but 1/4" . The caps are made of plastic and use a nylon insert that fits under the screw head to hold them on.

The photos show the covers in question next to the more common Cruiser or Snap Ap types. You can see there is a marked difference.

I have already spent hours on the web trying to find them and have had no luck so I am tossing it out to you guys maybe someone can give me a source to look at. I did come up with a similar set but they were totally flat on the top... close but no cigar! :(

Thanks!

ES44AC

Attached Files:

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Did you try the Mercedes dealer you originally got them from?

3. SteadyEddy

SteadyEddy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hope this helps ES44AC. I would say any Pep Boys, Advance Auto, Auto Zone, Maybe even Target. Went out to the garage and found some spares that I have. One is from Bell (Nylon License Fastenersw/Decorative Caps Bell Automotive Products Inc. Des Moines Iowa) (Model #46084 gold) got them from Ollie's ( Good Stuff Cheap) in Bethlehem Pa. a couple of years ago. They are a little different than what you are looking for but they come in sets of four so you can change all of them. The others that I have are from Superior Industries International Inc. Van Nuys Calf. 91406 (25-4041Z) These are gold not chrome. Good luck, I'm positive you'll be successful in your quest.

4. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yeah, they come standard with many license plate frames that you purchase at dealers, etc., but I dislike them as they stick out too much. The screw covers that came with my black pearl license plate frame weren't even of the same color anyway.

5. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Stream,

Yes I did and they are not allowed to use other parts suppliers that aren't MB. But I did contact the company that supplied them originally. I sent them photos and they said " sure we have them." Well as it turns out they sent me 2 sets that are no different than the most common ones that come from Cruiser, even though they weren't' in that package. Apparently whoever looked at the photos is sight impaired or they never looked at them at all. If they didn't want to help me they should have just said so. Now I have to send them back....<sigh>

So it's back to square one with it.

Thanks

ES44AC

Hi SteadyEddy,

I will look at some of the ones you mentioned, it seems the most common ones are from Cruiser, they are a dime a dozen. But I will keep looking, I know they are out there somewhere.

It's a silly thing I know but I like the look of them and I guess we like what we like :D

Cheers,

ES44AC

6. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Home Depot and Lowes have them in their hardware departments.