1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can anyone in LA/OC (CA) help replace HID bulb?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fossilfuel, Sep 19, 2010.

1. fossilfuel

fossilfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have already bought the bulb and have seen the videos on how to replace without removing bumper, but am very busy and not a car/handy guy. I will make it easy and will drive to you.

Has anyone done this? Can anyone help? I work in Irvine and live in Manhattan Beach...drive around OC/LA all the time.

Thanks everyone!

2. 818Prius10

818Prius10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    What up man! Is it driver side or passenger side? I live in LA area I might be able to do it...

3. fossilfuel

fossilfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Driver side...just like on the priuschat youtube videoclips. Have you done this without taking the bumper off?

4. 818Prius10

818Prius10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Driver side is really easy to do... You don't need to take off your bumper to do so.. just stick your hand in and try to grab the bulb with your finger and turn left or right and it should click off... DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS PART OF THE BULB!! The oil from your fingers can damage the blub... If you want my little bro ownes a sushi place in venice beach and I think thats near you... He can do it for you probably charge you like 20 bux.. He does all my car stuff...

5. fossilfuel

fossilfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Any LA/OC/IE people able to help me change my HID bulbs? thanks