1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can anyone recommend som good seat covers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by orca_0574, Jun 2, 2010.

1. orca_0574

orca_0574 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I am looking for some seat covers for my '09 Prius. I get in and out of my car a lot for my job and I want to protect my seats from abnormal wear and tear.

I do NOT want leather. I am a vegetarian and avoid buying leather if at all possible.

I would like something waterproof.

I would also like something with some cool color options.

AND I want it for a reasonable price.

Does anyone have anyplace to recommend?

Thanks!

2. chuckknight

chuckknight New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, while leather is definitely a good choice (despite your philosophical objection), it's far from the only choice. If you look down a couple of threads, you'll see that we're already discussing them, and that there are a number of links included in the first page of the thread. Included are links to both vinyl and neoprene options...the neoprene look quite interesting.

To keep my seats from getting sweaty after a workout, I'm installing some beaded cushions. Comfortable, but not the best looking option. Sure is sweatproof, though.

Chuck

3. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Putting seat cover over your existing seats is not a good idea. You have side airbags in the seats and a seat cover will prevent their deployment or cause unpredictable resullts (like blowing up behind your back and pushing you into the steering wheel).

:eek: