1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can cars fly? Small ones can, right off the lot

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by hb06, Dec 13, 2006.

1. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    "Tiny cars continue to be big hits even though sky-high gas prices have eased."

"The auto industry's philosophy long has been, "Small cars mean small profits." Finally, though, car companies have figured out how to develop them to sell, with relatively minor changes, in markets around the world. Otherwise the growing but still modest U.S. sales wouldn't be sufficient to repay the automakers' investments in the vehicles."

The Appeal:

They're cheap
    They're cheap
    They have wide appeal
    "The market isn't just college students anymore. The median age of Yaris buyers is 40."
    They attract attention

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2006-1...cars-usat_x.htm

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like small cars for what they are but I don't like the smallish interiors. That's why the Prius fits so well (compact outside, midsize inside). However, the new Yaris, Versa, and Fit are gonna challenge that conception of small outside = small inside.

I just wish the Yaris has 6 standard airbags cause the other two competitors do (heck, the Hyundais and Kias have them standard too).