1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can dealership turn off ?????

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by shar1950, Jan 16, 2009.

1. shar1950

shar1950 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can a dealship turn off my OBDII, the reason I'm asking is that my scansauge use to work before I had all the engine problems ? When I got my car back, they told me not to plug any thing into the OBDII at all. When I got it home, I pluged it back in and the scansauge would not read any thing. It just keeps trying to connect . Is there any way to check if it is working and sending info down to the OBDII plug ?

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Right off the bat I want to say that the OBDII port shouldn't be disable-able because that would really screw up emissions testing.

Since I'm not a techie, that's the extent of my thought.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The dealer cannot disable the OBD-II port. I'd suggest that you carefully examine the plug of your Scan Gauge and see if there are damaged or bent pins.

4. shar1950

shar1950 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just had a look at the large plug, on one row of pins, the 4 and 5th pins are longer than the others, is this normal ? After not been able to connect, I had sent the unit back to LLC and they upgrade to version 3.16. Is there some thing that first needs to be selected ?

5. shar1950

shar1950 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok another thing that I is that the version is 3.16. Has I recall the only one that would work with the Prius was version 3.15 . Is this correct ?