1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I add a 10 band equalizer?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Joe Prius, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Joe Prius

Joe Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    How hard would it be to add an after market 10 band equalizer to a Prius with the nav system. I have a Sony EQ from two cars back that I can use. The factory 3 band EQ isn't enough control in my opinion. Once it is set, I can keep it in the upper glove box or under the seat. By the way, I am a new 2011 Prius III owner and I love this car!

2. GeoGeek

GeoGeek Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Unless you want to totally replace the factory head unit and amplifier, I'm afraid it cannot be done.

3. Joe Prius

Joe Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Thanks for the reply. I don't want to replace the head unit. Maybe Toyota will come out with a firmware update and add more bands to the EQ.

4. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Short answer is no.

5. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My ears wants me to add a RTA 31 band equalizer combo between the head navigation unit & outboard amplifier. I know there is an amplifier under the passenger seat that powers all 8 JBL speakers in certain prius packages. Haven't checked the amp myself to see if there are low level RCAs going into the amp or molex connectors because the lack of visual clearance and the possibility of pulling out the passenger seat, which does sounds great to go along with my hypermiling addiction.

If anyone has add an inline DSP such as an equalizer, I'm all ears.