1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I apply for HOV before I have my Plates??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Yosco, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Yosco

Yosco New Member

I just purchase an '06 (package 8) and currently waiting for all the registration from the dealer, Can I send in the HOV (California) form before I have plates on it?? The first field seems to want that info.

2. jef

jef New Member

Inglewood (Los Angeles county), California
    Yes you can. I just wrote in NEW in that space and got my stickers long before my license plate was assigned.

3. highroute

highroute New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yosco @ Apr 14 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]239783[/snapback]</div>
    It is much more complicated than jef implies. Several of us have had our no-plate-number applications sent back to us for re-submission when we can supply the plate number, and several of us have had such applications accepted. The CA DMV appears to be in flux as to how it handles such applications.

This topic is being discussed at GREAT length and detail in another thread in this forum.

I suggest that you read at least the topics of the first few pages of forum threads BEFORE you post a new question; your question may have been answered at length already, as is the case here.