1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can i change consump. est MPG to reset manually?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wendymo, Nov 15, 2005.

1. wendymo

wendymo New Member

My mother has the Classic Prius and I have a 2005. On the consumption screen we get different default behavior on resetting the estimated MGP--hers does not reset unless you hit the "reset" button while mine automatically resets every darn time i get a fillup. I find this auto reset to be silly... I want to know what i'm getting over arbitrary spans rather than by tank o' gas. And with the reset button, if my arbitrary span was tank, I could always do that but this way I have no choice. Is there a way to access this switch in the software?

Am asking here because this site was ever so helpful in telling me how to turn off the interior reverse beeping which the dealer said couldn't be done... i brought them the instructions at my next service <g>.

tks.

2. rogerSC

rogerSC Member

Another way to look at this is if you're getting the mpg per tank, you get faster feedback on if you've got a problem or if you've changed your driving techniques and that's having a negative effect. While I agree that this should be your free choice (a political statement?), I do like the per-tank. However, I could clearly choose to do that by manually resetting for each tank, and that does sound good.

I guess that it might be more fun to have both a "user choice" cummulative mpg display in addition to the auto-reset per-tank display. Kind of like having 2 trip meters, have an mpg display that one could use any way that one wanted (manual reset only), in addition to the per-tank.

-Roger

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I haven't seen anything to indicate that anyone has found a way to do this. I think we are stuck with what we have. Just have to write the numbers down before it resets and do the arithmetic.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well there is one other way. Get the ScanGage, plug it in and do not reset it and it will give you a life time average from then on. It will cost you a bit.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They need to have the same feature as the one in the new Lexus IS. It has BOTH Avg. FE and Tank Avg!!