1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I change my Total Care dealer?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by coolio10, Apr 18, 2011.

1. coolio10

coolio10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We went and bought our car at at MD dealer, quite literally on the other side of the beltway (DC area resident). Reason: My wife wanted the color red and only one dealer had it in red and the 3 package.

Anyway, I would like to take it to a N. VA dealer that is close to my house. Is this possible? The MD dealer gave us a coupon book that will take care of the total maintenance package for the 1st 2 years, which was included.

DC traffic is horrendous and I would like to avoid going all the way to the other side of town for this.

Any thoughts?

2. Hokeysmoke

Hokeysmoke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    From the FAQ at Toyota's web site: "Toyota Care complimentary maintenance is available at any participating Toyota dealership in the continental United States and Alaska. All maintenance must be performed by a participating Toyota dealership."

From the info I got in the mail, ToyotaCare is managed through the VIN and the "effective date" which for me is the date of sale. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with my dealer.

3. skilbovia

skilbovia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I bought my Prius at a dealer 20 miles away because I got a better deal and I get my Prius serviced at the dealer that is 3 miles away and there is no problem with Toyota Care. I think sales and service are pretty much decoupled at most car dealerships. It's very handy, especially if one sevice department can't figure out a problem, you can always go to another one.

4. coolio10

coolio10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is great news! Thanks. A coworker gave me the wrong info. I'll try to go to my local dealer.

5. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hokeysmoke is completely correct. Take it wherever you like. Dealer "A" probably had those booklets printed out so you would come back to them.