1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I do better in the SF Bay Area on a Touring Pkg #6?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by majl, Sep 14, 2007.

1. majl

majl New Member

Hi all,

1st post here. We're ready to take the plunge on a Prius. Been e-mailing dealers locally here in the SF Bay Area. Among dealers who have the car available in our desired color/package, the best prive I've received so far is $27,276 (before TT&L) on a 2008 Touring Pkg #6 in Magnetic Gray (including floor and cargo mats) with another dealer pretty close and two other dealers at MSRP ($28,254). All claim I need to act fast because it's a highly sought after color/package. I was mildly surprised at the discounting as I thought the market had recently tightened for the touring packages here in the SF Bay Area.

Any thoughts? Can I do better yet, and if so, by how much? Would be great if other locals could share what they paid for this package.

TIA,

Mike

2. jezroj

jezroj New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Check to see what your cost would be through a service such as COSTCO

3. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    And if you don't mind a short travel, email CJ at Fairfield Toyota and see what their internet price is. When we bought ours two weeks ago, their internet price beat our local CostCo price by $1300.

4. ohershey

ohershey New Member

Well, I bought mine in Ukiah, which is a bit of a drive for you, but I found that Thurston will usually beat just about any price in the Bay Area. Maybe a little trip up through Napa on a weekend?

Fairfield Toyota is a good second choice, however.

5. luckyboy

luckyboy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Not bad for a touring. When I bought my prius several months ago nobody was discounting the touring package, I did save a couple grand on the normal base prius that I purchased

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(majl @ Sep 14 2007, 11:56 AM) [snapback]512564[/snapback]</div>

6. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I decided not to go for the Touring because of the lack of discounts. I got a Black on Black 2007 package #6 for $2100 off MSRP at Walnut Creek Toyota. I called and asked for the "internet sales department". Very nice lady (forgot her name). Quoted the price right off the bat and very professional throughout the sales process. At that time I might have been able to get a couple hundred more off the price, but that was the closest dealer to my house, and I did not think it was worth the trouble to hunt around any more for a couple hundred bucks.

7. PriusOwner004

PriusOwner004 New Member

I bought mine from San Fran and paid about as much. Sounds like a good deal, especially if you don't have to wait much.

8. ATOM_SF

ATOM_SF Junior Member

I got my 2007 Touring with Package 6 (inluding mats, emergency kit, etc.) for under $27K just a few months ago. I think for a 2008, the price is very good.

9. Inches

Inches Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I got mine from Cartelligent in Sausalito, 28,315 OTD.

10. majl

majl New Member

Thanks for all the inputs. We picked up our Mag Gray 2008 Touring Pkg #6 last night! :D It's my wife's car and she's thrilled. After 8 years and 120k miles, her 2000 Honda Odyssey was getting a bit long in the tooth.

City Toyota offered us the best deal at $1400 off MSRP (although we did have 2 other dealers who were pretty close at $1200 off for in-stock vehicles). Our salesman was a pleasure to work with. Very low key, low pressure. Didn't give us the hard sell on EW, pre-paid maintenance, paint protection, etc. Would definitely recommend him. The car came with two other factory installed options: cargo net and rear bumper applique. After having seen the applique in person, I actually like it. We were planning to get the black plastic protector, but I think we'll just keep this for now and see how it goes.

Trying to convince the missus to take off the wheel covers and let those beautiful graphite colored alloys shine, but she's not convinced yet. :p

Will post pics this weekend when I get a chance.