1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I get a good deal on a 2014 Prius from End of Year sales?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by JamesAdams1, Oct 8, 2017.

1. JamesAdams1

JamesAdams1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know they want to clear up the lot to make room for new models at the end of the year, but I'm just curious how I can get the best possible deal on a 2014 Prius, I reallllllly want one right now, but feel like I can get one for cheaper around the end of the year. If I have to I'll finance one for $15,000 with roughly 60k miles. But if anyone knows if I should wait or where I should look for good deals, that'd be awesome.

2. Kramah313

Kramah313 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    With used I find it's best to just keep checking used car websites (car gurus, autotrader, etc) for deals. It may take a while, but you'll probably find one a dealer wants to sell at some point. I found mine at a dealer 90 miles from my house and it took at least a few weeks to months of running those same searches every day to find it.

Basically it's best to snap one up they want to sell when they want to sell it if you want to save money. If you need a car immediately, that is a different and usually more expensive story.

RCO likes this.
  3. MelonPrius

MelonPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've been in sales nearly my entire working life. The best time to make a deal is at the end of the sales month- which usually follows the calendar month, but not always. That's when quotas are due for both salespeople and sales managers. Sometimes a manager/salesperson is just 1 used car away from winning a contest or making their quota and will aggressively price a car to move it.

The longer you can afford to shop the better odds you have in getting a great deal. This goes double for the private party sales, where better bargains can be available with motivated sellers.

Trade in value is the best possible price you can realistically hope for, IMO. With that in mind, the trade in value for your area in NJ (guessing), for a '14 with 60k miles, III trim and very good condition is around $11,350 listed here. As always, make sure you know the accident history and if the car has a clean title. When you do find a very competitively priced Prius, the odds are increased that there is a salvage title involved.

RCO, Kramah313 and jerrymildred like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    end of year probably doesn't matter with used cars. just make low ball offers on whatever you find to see if anyone bites.
    but if you really, really, realy want one right now, you probably won't get a good deal.

RCO likes this.
  5. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Agreed with both of the above. Also, you should be able to do much better than $15k for a car like that. My '13 PiP with 52k miles was just under $13k.

6. Ltn7304

Ltn7304 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Base
    I was on car gurus to search around. I got my Prius for trade in of old car and taxes etc all for $11,170.

RCO likes this.