1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I get digital rear view mirror without the premium package?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by adamtki, Apr 3, 2024.

1. adamtki

adamtki New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    On Toyota's web site where you build your model, it lets you select just the digital rear view mirror package. However, my dealer said they don't have the option to order that without the other two packages - Limited Premium Package and Heated Rear Seats. Is this true? He also said they don't sell Prius front wheel drive models in Washington State so I can only get AWD. It's nice to have but I would prefer just the front wheel drive. Seems like he's trying to keep his inventory selection narrow to keep inventory flowing IMO. Thanks.

2. JH26036

JH26036 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Yes, he is mostly right. Dealers mostly can't even control what they get. Toyota dictates the allocation for the most part.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You'd save lots of money and have a higher quality system that's actually much more compatible with your phone if you spend a few hundred on the best aftermarket rear view mirror system. Toyota is awful at this type of software and the goal of being as proprietary and exclusive as possible means that in a 1/2 dozen years their rear view mirror package will be obsolete to the point of being worthless, whereas the aftermarket package will have been receiving free software upgrades and updates every year to keep up with phone advancements.

Serenity Now likes this.