1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I get Sirius and iPod integration with MFD?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Dylan, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Dylan

Dylan New Member

I swear I've searched before making all these posts. Maybe my search-fu is weak.

I've already got an Dension iceLink from my prior car so I think all I need to do is buy the Toyota specific cable and I can integrate my iPod into my '06 with NAV/changer.

But I'd also like to have Sirius and have it integrated with the MFD. My (unclear) understanding is that the iceLink will use the port that a Sirius kit would need. Is that correct?

I know I can use the aux in and I'll do that if I have to. But it would be nice to have it all controllable through the MFD.

2. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do you (or anyone) know if Dension has come out with the update to work with NAV units in the Prius yet? I have an ice>Link Plus currently on my Alpine headunit in my Nissan Maxima, and when I get my Prius I'm hoping to do the same switch that you are.

3. Dylan

Dylan New Member

What I've read here is the the '06 allows multiple CD changers so the iceLink will work fine with the full NAV/JBL system.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Theoretically, one should be able to connect the Sirius with a Y cable. However I am not sure if the Ice-Link behaves itself to allow the Sirius to work properly when selected. Vais's system will indeed work with satellite.

From what I can gather, the aux/changer port has TX(AVC) and audio lines. It expects devices hanging off of it to release the audio lines if inactive, so another device requested could make use of it. Sort of like an audio bus topology.

5. BobR

BobR Member

As always, DanMan is correct. I tried the iPod2Car with the Coastal XM radio and it did not work. The second the iPod2Car was plugged in, the XM radio volume was drastically lower and the iPod would play at the same time. I also tried the USASpec aux input. The radio didn't see the aux input and it was the same thing with the volume.
    The Vais works perfectly with XM radio. Someone is going to have to try the ice>Link with satellite radio.

Bob