1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can i get the Prius Five Headlights???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Se7enGlass, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Se7enGlass

Se7enGlass New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am looking at buying or most likely leasing a 2012 prius. I would love to just keep it at the base model with leather seats. The only thing upgrade wise that has my attention are the Headlights on the Prius five package. Can anyone tell me more about these headlights? How hard would it be to get them on a prius two? They have auto on/off and auto leveling on top of being LED.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The base model doesn't come with leather as an option but you can add it on after purchase with nice aftermarket alternatives.

LED headlights are very nice but for the price it would cost to install them on a base model you could have your headlights retrofitted with even better HID projectors. The cheap route would entail installing an HID kit in the OE base model projectors. That's what most of us do.

For $500 you can have decent leather-like seating (Clazzio) and HID headlights. It sure beats the cost of going from a Prius Two to a Prius Five if that is all you want.

sfv41901 likes this.
  3. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    We have a Gen 3 Prius package V and a package II. I prefer the white color of the V LED low beams, although they are only slightly better (more light on the road) than the basic low beam headlights in the II. The high beams on the V are not LED. My suggestion is that you considering keeping the headlights that came on the car and spend your money on something that will make a bigger difference in your life. For about the same price, you could take a vacation in Tahiti, New Zealand or Patagonia.

almypal26 likes this.
  4. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    U can but the LED headlights & install them. U will most likely have to re-wire the low beam headlight plug since they are different. You will also not be able to get the auto leveling to work.

As F8L suggested, just get a good HID kit or do a retro.......it'll cost a lot less $$$

F8L likes this.
  5. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The LED's also have a different bumper and the mechanics for the headlight washers. HID's and LED's require the washers because they will not produce enough heat to melt snow and ice in cold climates -- you have to be able to spray a foaming washer fluid to keep the lights clear.

6. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Headlight washes arnt required for a light swap.