1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I have DICE HD + iPod + XM with '07 Pkg 6?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by emtownsend, Jun 26, 2007.

1. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I would like to add factory XM to my '07 Prius (pkg 6) AND I would like the HD upgrade AND the iPod interface... AND.... I would like to add the Ultimate Lockpick 3+... Is this possible or can only have one or the other?

Does this DICE device improve overall sound on the factory JBL stereo too?

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emtownsend @ Jun 26 2007, 09:42 AM) [snapback]468339[/snapback]</div>

Yes, you can use all of those in conjunction. Now, what do you mean by overall sound? HD FM radio does sound alot better than analog FM radio, even in the Prius. Is that what you meant?

3. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Jun 26 2007, 01:25 PM) [snapback]468426[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I thought I saw mention on this board of a device that was supposed to improve stock stereo sound & I thought it might be the DICE hardware.
    Glad to hear all can work together. Time to go shopping!
    Thanks

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emtownsend @ Jun 26 2007, 02:55 PM) [snapback]468517[/snapback]</div>

Ah. I think you mean a Cleansweep. Kinda expensive but really cool device.

5. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Jun 26 2007, 04:57 PM) [snapback]468518[/snapback]</div>

Vegabond, can you tell me if I will experience problems with all of my windows (not the windshield of course) being tinted? Will this pose a problem with the DICE antennae? Is there a clean way to route it outside to something small like a GPS or satellite antennae?
    One last curve ball: What if I want the Cleansweep too. Can all items still co-exist?
    Thank you!

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emtownsend @ Jul 12 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]477611[/snapback]</div>

If it's metallic tint, you're going to have problems. You must use a wire antenna since you're picking up a FM signal - the shape of an antenna is dependent on the frequency you're trying to receive.

Sure, the Cleansweep doesn't affect the DICE kit at all. I'm very interested in hearing on how much better it would sound like in such a equipped car.

7. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Jul 12 2007, 01:57 PM) [snapback]477622[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks. I just called the company that did my tint and, yes, it is fully metalized. Hum. Would front windshield be sufficient? Can it be done without being ugly? can the antennae wire be incorporated into the stock "stick" antennae on the roof (kinda wrapped around)?

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emtownsend @ Jul 12 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]477628[/snapback]</div>

Wrapped around? Hmm, that's an interesting thought. I would think no, but maybe Mr. Dan-Wolfe could answer better.

You could use your factory antenna. BUT (CAUTION!) you MUST unplug it from the headunit of the car first. You would have to tap the wire to the roof antenna. If you tap this wire and fail to unplug it from the headunit itself, you're going to fry both your HD kit AND your headunit. If you do it correctly it's perfectly ok.

The Front windshield is fine. You can do it very cleanly if you just put a angle in the wire and run it along side of the edge of the window.

9. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Jul 12 2007, 02:12 PM) [snapback]477633[/snapback]</div>
    All right! Thanks for all the answers.