1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I Listen to Your Aftermarket Audio?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Erick, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Erick

Erick Member

I am still trying to decide if I should upgrade my audio system. <_<

I have been listening to a lot more electronic music (Depeche Mode, NIN, Radiohead) and the JBL handles it pretty well. The more rock oriented music is where I find the stereo really suffers. So I'm still on the fence. One of the main drawbacks for me is having someone mess with the car.

So I was wondering, is there anyone in the SoCal area who has done an upgrade on their system (from a full change over to just speakers) and would be willing to let me listen to it? I am willing to drive to wherever you are...

If so, you can post here or email me directly: [email protected]

I am in LA (Santa Monica) but visit San Diego a lot...

Any advice on trying to decide? I would love someon to convince me! :D

Thanks!!!
    Erick

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. dgstan

dgstan Member

The only mod I've done is add a powered subwoofer. That ended up as being the only thing I needed to do. I think the sound is excellent now.

I'd be more than happy to let you testdrive my system. I'm in Orange County. You can email me at dgstan "at" yahoo . com

Here's the link to my original post way back when...

Kenwood sub

DGStan

4. IndyDoug

IndyDoug New Member

Yay for NIN and DM!

I replaced my OEM speakers with Infinity. See my sig. My system rules!

5. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'm in OC. Hardware-wise, I've only did the Kenwood sub for the JBL system. Audio-wise, my regular cd-audio has been specifically pre-equalized for the Prius so it does sound slight better than the stock.

One of these days, I'll get around to the speaker replacements, and the rest... I got more important things to save for currently.