1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I put 2012 Prius seats in a 2012 Prius Plug In?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MilkyWay, Aug 8, 2018.

1. MilkyWay

MilkyWay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Junkyard said they are different but everything looks the same. Entire body is identical as far as I can see.

Seats look like seats. Layout the same. Center armrest same. Dash same.

Found a really hot deal on vinyl/leather seats from a regular 2012 Toyota Prius and want to put in my 2012 Toyota Prius Plug In with worn out cloth seats.

Only difference I can see is mine has a plug in option on the right side of car.

Pics below (the really dirty pic is how I received my prius lol...it cleaned up a little as seen in last pic...would be $350 for the set with center armrest and probably $100 for mechanic to swap):

prius1.PNG prius2.jpg prius3.jpg prius4.jpg prius5.jpg

#1 MilkyWay, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what about airbags and connectors?

MilkyWay likes this.
  3. MilkyWay

MilkyWay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have had my mechanic put power seats in a manual truck on 2 different occasions. So running power to seat shouldn't be a problem. I am not sure about airbags but that should also be universal. The manufacturers don't like to change parts if not needed so all the plugs should be the same.

4. MilkyWay

MilkyWay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    New question. Do you think I can fit the 2 seats and rear bench...plus center counsel into the gen 3 Prius and drive it back.

Shop is 2.5 hours away and I don't feel like driving my gas hog that gets 18mpg. Worst case I could probably remove the passenger seat myself freeing up space.

5. 3PriusMike

3PriusMike Prius owner since 2000, Tesla M3 2018

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Seriously?
    Not unless you are a contortionist who is expert at Tetris.

Mike

MilkyWay likes this.
  6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If there are seat heaters, they probably won't hook right up. Plugin has hi/lo/off, regular Prius just on/off. It's not just different controls; the elements in the seats are different.

-Chap

MilkyWay likes this.
  7. ITBland

ITBland Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not sure about a Gen 3, but I bought a 2004 that was in terrible shape, and was able to easily fit the 2 front seats and the rear bench in it when I visited my local Pick'n'Pull. I folded down the existing (filthy) back seat, slid the first front seat in base first, flipped the second one upside down and "nested" it in the first one, filling one side of the back, leaving room for the "new" back seat bottom cushion and the two halves of the seat back on the other side. I got a large piece of cardboard from Costco so I didn't catch and tear the existing carpet and seat back, or smear any grease from the seat track.

MilkyWay likes this.
  8. MilkyWay

MilkyWay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :ROFLMAO: