1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I put a removeable luggage rack on my Prius/Trailer?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracysbeans, Jul 18, 2007.

1. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Hi! I'm needing to haul some stuff in my Prius. However I need more room than what I can get inside the car.

Is there a removable luggage rack I can for the Prius to put some lightweight stuff in? (I don't like the look of a luggage rack on a car so that's why I'm looking for something I can remove when it's not being used)

Also how about a trailer. How big of a trailer could I pull with my Prius?

I'm looking to haul groceries for my grocery store.

I appreciate any help! Tracy

2. priussoris

priussoris New Member

I have towed a small utility type trailer 4x8 for our bikes and have also used it to carry bags of peat moss and manure about 600 pounds have not hauled anymore weight than that.
    But others have hauled boats and such.
    I will post a pic of the trailer and maybe others will post theirs too.
    [attachmentid=9874]
    [attachmentid=9875]

Attached Files:

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Craig, I would need an enclosed trailer. I would be hauling VERY light stuff in it. Just a bunch groceries like cereal, boxed good etc.

I would like to start with a luggage rack. Someone already has the luggage container that I think is made out of fabric. I just want to know if I can get a removable luggage rack to put it on.

Where did you get your trailer hitch and what did it cost you? Who would I have install it? Toyota??

I'm kicking myself cause I just sold my RV that had been sitting around for years and years. I sure could use it now if I had it. <_<