1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I reset the default AC settings?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mastergunnera8, Jul 8, 2006.

1. mastergunnera8

mastergunnera8 Junior Member

When I turn the AC on the default setting is to the dash vents only and outside fresh air. I prefer recirc and floor/dash air. Anyone know if there is a way to set this?

Thanks!!

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mastergunnera8 @ Jul 7 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]282879[/snapback]</div>
    Are you using the AUTO button to turn it on? If so, that could explain why that is happening.

On my 2006, I always have the recirc on, and it always remembers when I turn the AC on. To turn it on I either click AC on the MFD or if the AC was already on, I click the LO.

3. mastergunnera8

mastergunnera8 Junior Member

I use the AC button on the sterring wheel to turn on and off..I'm really new, so I'll try using the MFD

TANKS!!

4. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mastergunnera8 @ Jul 8 2006, 09:09 AM) [snapback]282990[/snapback]</div>
    I'll test it too later, but I think that will solve at least part of the problem

5. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm...my ac defaults to recirc and dash vents only. I prefer outside air and dash/floor ('cause my feets get hot). If I switch to floor/dash vents, the AUTO goes off, ditto outside air...What gives here??? :blink:

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't use AC a lot, but I think mine defaults to recirculated air but does not change the vent setting. Whatever vents were set, remain set.

7. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, I just got back a few hours ago from a drive through hell. I came up through CA central valley with 110 degree heat for a coupla hundred miles+. NOW I REALLY want to know what to do about the ac settings...I do NOT care how good anyone's vent system is...110 is just way too much to cope with. Fine, any desert folk out there can call me a wimp all they want, but I ended up taking NINE hours for a drive that has usually taken me no more than 6.5. No, the car behaved FANTASTICALLY--though I did occasionally wonder about what any of my earlier cars' temp gauges would have been saying--but no matter what I did with the settings, I felt like my left arm was on fire (and I kept hiding it under a pillow I was using on the armrest). I probably should have realized it would be bad, since when we were visiting friends in Malibu last week, it was close to 90 at the friggin' beach...Ok, so at least it wasn't humid...But I don't know how much I was helping anything-I kept stopping at places to have lemonade or whatever in their a/c (which is NOT as much a/c as you get in places like Florida & Texas, but still more than an untinted Pri can provide in similar conditions), and then having to get back in the reheated car...On the other hand, it is now about 55 degrees out on my deck in southern Sonoma County, so I guess I'll shut up, and praise be to Prius for not dumping me in Coalinga next to the cowsh*t...
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jul 9 2006, 07:46 AM) [snapback]283319[/snapback]</div>
    Well,no, I don't guess you would use the ac much in Spokane--how're your wipers? ;)