1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I sell my new carpool stickers ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by solaris8888, Apr 28, 2007.

1. solaris8888

solaris8888 New Member

I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could tell me if I can sell my new unused carpool stickers ? I wrecked my car before I had a chance to put on the stickers and am selling it for $1400 to help
    pay my losses on the car. Thanks

Sorry I just noticed the other posting of someone else asking the same question. Please diregard
    my question. Thanks

2. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solaris8888 @ Apr 28 2007, 08:13 AM) [snapback]431668[/snapback]</div>
    Now I'm just curious here...I will have had my car for 1 year in a couple of days. Last I checked, its Blue Book value was pretty darn close to what I paid for it (stickers notwithstanding, since KBB doesn't count those). You are, obviously, in California...this means you are REQUIRED to have insurance. PLEASE tell us what insurance company you are with, so the rest of us can avoid it!

I bought a new '91 Honda Civic bottom-of-the line hatchback, and then totalled it about 2 years later. The insurance company's reference book said the car was still worth pretty much what I had paid for it. Essentially, I came out ahead on that one.

What gives???? I mean, unless you are just trying to sell some stickers you've acquired, I can't see how you could come out so far behind in this deal...but then again, I've been away from the board for a while, so I don't know what new gimmicks are coming up for selling stickers...

3. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Any extra the OP paid for the car (e.g. an over-sticker premium, doc fees, license, sales tax, some options, extended warranty, paint treatments) wouldn't be included in the blue-book value.

So it's possible to be reimbursed for original list-price from your insurance company and still "lose" some money overall.