1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I send a PM to a group of people?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Jeannie, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'd like to be able to send a PM to a group of people - sort of a 'mailing list'. The HELP topic on PMs says I can enter multiple recipients, one per line, if it's 'permitted'. It didn't seem to let me do that, though.

Is there a way to do this?

(I'm trying to set up a 'PM' mailing list to send to people in NJ to remind them of upcoming events/meetings. I'd rather do it via PM rather than via email so that people can 'sign up' for this reminder without having to give their email addresses, in consideration of their privacy)

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Go to your "My Controls" page.
    Click "Compose new Message".
    In the "Recipient's Name" field, enter your own.
    In the "Carbon copy to other members: You may enter up to 999999 names in the carbon copy box. One name per line." field, enter the names of the people you want to copy.
    Type your message.
    Click [Send]

3. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't see a 'Carbon copy to other members' - I see recipients name and I see a pull-down box that initially says 'Other'. If I pull down the box, I see 'Other', then a dashed line, then the names of the people in my buddies list. It seems to let me choose a single name - I can't type in the box, or 'paste' into it, to get multiple lines. And if I type my own name in the Recipients box and then choose someone else in the pull-down box, the message only goes to that person without a copy to myself.