1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I swap the Prius Drive to my FJ?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Aviator_Guy, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Aviator_Guy

Aviator_Guy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just picked up my new Prius a couple weeks ago and just went over 1K miles on it. The mileage is better than expected. I filled up in Pahrump Nevada and refilled it in Los Angeles after 271 miles and was only able to put in slightly over 4 gallons in the tank!!! I drove back to Los Angeles in a 30mph headwind and Interstate speeds that ranged from 70-80mph, so I’m convinced this car is going to be put to use BIG TIME…

I still own a FJ cruiser and its mpg is too low to print, but I’m keeping it for mountain crawling fun. It just feels a lot better driving a car that gets 3 times better mpg, especially when Los Angeles gas is fast approaching 4.00 bucks per gal...:cool::cool:

2. ventrerd

ventrerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to the Club!

I have a Silver 2008 Prius and a Titanium 2007 FJ AWD 6MT.

Same situation - keeping the FJ for wilderness runs (nature photography in swamps and woods) and driving the Prius around town and on other trips.

My outlook is that the FJ is like a friend of mine who owned a private plane. He would fly to a different city, have lunch at the airport canteen and then fly back. He described those as "$100 burgers".

I love my FJ for what it was designed to do. But at 17 MPG and premium gas, it is not your day to day commute vehicle.

;)