1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I update my HDD software or replace the head unit with something better?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by whoadave, Dec 11, 2013.

1. whoadave

whoadave New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi all, I'm pretty new to the forums here, but have owed my Prius for 4 years now.

I have a 2010 gen 3 Prius model 4, which came with the built-in HDD nav and JBL system. I enjoy the features it comes with, but my main complaint is that the GUI absolutely sucks nice person.

I've been looking at different replacement head units, but I can't seem to find a replacement unit that still retains all the functionality I currently enjoy. I've read on here that the Rosen unit treats audio poorly, which is very important to me. I also don't want to lose the backup camera functionality, steering wheel controls, bluetooth hands-free calling, console aux and usb ports, etc. I would be willing to trade the navigation functionality for one that integrates with iPhone apps though, and let's me use nav apps from my phone.

After looking for different units and not finding anything, I tried to find out if I could update the software for my HDD to a more recent version (I can see from pics online that newer models have a different interface) hoping it'd fix the GUI somewhat, but I can't find any information on that.

So I'm hoping for an answer to one of two questions... Either, has anyone found a solid replacement HDD that would not cripple any of the features I paid extra for? Or does anyone know how I could update the GUI on the stock HDD?

Thanks!