1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can Liberals and Conservatives agree at least on this?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by efusco, Oct 11, 2007.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ann Coulter is a worthless hateful racist windbag...

http://news.aol.com/newsbloggers/2007/10/1...S00010000000001

Ann Coulter Says Jews Just Need "Perfecting"
    This week on the CNBC show The Big Idea, Ann Coulter said everyone on earth should be Christian and that Jews needed to be "perfected." She suggested that Jews basically just need a tune-up to get on what Coulter referred to "the fast track."

Ever notice how she times these incendiary appearances perfectly to her book releases?

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If not, maybe we can agree that this is a more egregious statement which leaves less room for "interpretation":

Hitler Wanted to Expel Jews Because 'They Were a Pain in the Neck'
    - Hashemi Rafsanjani

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301296,00.html

3. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 11 2007, 10:49 PM) [snapback]524403[/snapback]</div>
    I cant wait to hear Dr Berman defend his comrade.Most likely he'll have no comment.
    Bill Moyers had a mind blowing episode about"Christians United for Israel"They are evangelicals who avidly support Israel politically in order to bring on the rapture .At that point the Christians will condemn the Israelis to hell.
    http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/10052007/watch2.html

4. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 11 2007, 08:49 PM) [snapback]524403[/snapback]</div>
    I think she's arguing for conversion of the Jews, which disgusts anyone with a sense of history. And you're right, she times the "outrageous" remarks to sell her books.

She adds nothing positive to political discourse, and like others who trade in insults rather than intelligent debate, her contributions are at their core meaningless. But she thinks she is funny. She is to the right what Bill Mahr and Jon Stewart are to the left: obnoxious, cynical commentators who think anti-social behavior is wit. Unfortunately, people buy in to their poison.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    she's the eminem of politics... what else did you expect?

6. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Oct 12 2007, 01:33 PM) [snapback]524411[/snapback]</div>
    It's my belief all religions are a pain in the neck.

7. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey, Jon Stewart is no Ann Coulter - Jon actually IS funny, Ann just thinks she's being witty when calling for the deaths of people she doesn't agree with.

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mojo @ Oct 12 2007, 12:39 AM) [snapback]524424[/snapback]</div>
    I will only defend her right to say what she wants to say as long as it falls withing the legal boundaries of US Law. My assumption is that if Arhmadjihad had a right to say what he wanted to say at Columbia U., a US citizen should enjoy those same rights too.

I did not catch what she had to say or in what context it was said.

9. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 12 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]524527[/snapback]</div>
    She certainly has the right to make as big an nice person of herself as she want to.

Here's your context:

10. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's in the article... it makes the context pretty clear too. That's not the worst of what she has said though. In the "highlight reel" linked from the article she says something that I think is as offensive to Christians as what she said about Jews:

Interviewer: Would Jesus sanction a book that belittles and ridicules a large segment the the population?

Ann Coulter: Yes.

11. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    u all dont seem to get what is simply described as hate and fear. just the tone of these posts are evidence of that, according to "a course in miracles" there is only love and fear,,,where is the love in these posts. and according to another great writing, defense is also a form of attack. ms coulter is a good example of one who puts out hate and fear and it snowballs because she is able to get an audience to defend against her (attack) and she sells her books etc..i love ms coulter and i'm extremely liberal..i dont buy her books and usually change the channel when she's on. but she is smart, pretty and likely has a high level of testosterone. too bad she cant use it in a more proactive manner...

12. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lefat1 @ Oct 12 2007, 09:11 AM) [snapback]524543[/snapback]</div>
    [​IMG]

13. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Maybe I'm wrong - but wasn't Jesus Jewish?

Does he still need perfecting, or did AC give him a special dispensation?

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Oct 12 2007, 08:59 AM) [snapback]524535[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you for your effort to post the interview. It is difficult to sense the emotion(s) and the nature of the discussion just looking at the plain text - but - I think she was just trying to be funny and sarcastic - there is nothing there that would make me think she is an anti-Semite. Even is she were, she has a clear right to say what she said there.

15. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Oct 12 2007, 09:18 AM) [snapback]524546[/snapback]</div>
    i take it u liked that, btw how do you only quote part of what one says

16. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 11 2007, 10:49 PM) [snapback]524403[/snapback]</div>
    What's troublesome is that she is so popular amongst the right. She speaks truth to heart for a good majority of bush supporters.

17. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am completely baffled why anyone would spend money for a hundred pages of undiluted Coulter when one can get a billion pages of identical bile for free in any chatboard - and chatboard bile is usually of a superior quality.

About the best that can be said of Coulter is that she gives the medical field a medical term for extreme cases of coprolalia: Coulterlalia.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

18. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Coulter is no different than any other hate monger. Enriching themselves at the expense of our countrymen's dignity. They enjoy watching their own personal bank accounts snowball, but refuse to acknowledge that their venom has a cumulative snowball effect on their nation's psyche. It's the age old dilemma in our country. Which do you hold in highest regard, personal enrichment or what's good for the majority of citizens?

19. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ann Coulter...Smashing the stereotype that deadheads are wussy tree huggers!

Somone needs to get her some good NFL quality herbs to calm her the heck down. Then again, drugs didn't seem to calm down Rush...

I guess it all comes down to who's buttering your bread.

20. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lefat1 @ Oct 12 2007, 08:59 AM) [snapback]524576[/snapback]</div>
    You can 'Reply' to that person's text. The entire quote will come up. Then you can edit the text inside the [ quote ] brackets until only the portion you wish to quote remains.

Many people add an indicator to show that the quote is partial or has been edited. For example, to your quote, I could do this:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lefat1 @ Oct 12 2007, 08:59 AM) [snapback]524576[/snapback]</div>
    or this
    :)