1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can Member Map be larger?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GreenMachine, Nov 28, 2005.

1. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I like the Member Map feature, but with all the location pins so close together in several areas, it is difficult to use and see who is where.

Would it be possible to "Click to Enlarge" or some such idea?

BTW, if you haven't added yourself to the Map, please do -- it is very interesting for everyone to see.

(Yes, I'm waiting for my Prius and trying to keep occupied. :D)

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think "Go White Sox" is a bit lost.

Individual state maps would be nice. I would be willing to help generate the .png files for each one. If I'm right, basically taking state clipart and converting their file types. The only problem would be whether or not the database can store multiple locations for each member. Each person would need a U.S. location and individual state locations. In crowded areas, it would be nice if there were regional maps. But that only makes it more complicated.

I, for example, would need a U.S. location pin, an Illinois pin, and a Chicagoland pin.

3. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    At this point, we would only need individual states maps where they are crowded. That would cut down the work somewhat.

The main map could be quite a bit larger to start with and that would help too. I found it hard to get my pin in the right place in Vermont which isn't crowded yet.

Thanks for the offer to help generate the .png files. I will help any way I can from a Mac.

I notice that four more pins are on the US map :)

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, I'm going to have to look into that - I'm not sure at this point. Thanks for the heads-up, I hadn't checked it out recently.

Danny