1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can my 2002 be converted to EV?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by highpants, Jul 31, 2006.

1. highpants

highpants New Member

Just saw the Electric Car movie, and need to know if I can convert my 2002 prius to all-electric, and if so, how much I can expect to spend.

So far I've found information about converting newer Priuses (priii?) and a few companies that will convert any car (for a ton of money), but nothing that mentions the lowly classic prius.

Any info is appreciated.

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

the software in the computer isn't avalilable for the Classic. So the short answer is no. The 2k4 up as the software in the computer for all markets but the NA one so it's just a quick wiring job to short the pin to ground to engage EV.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think he means true EV, not the EV mod.

4. highpants

highpants New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 31 2006, 12:46 AM) [snapback]294930[/snapback]</div>
    right. i was already pretty sure that the stealth ev mode or whatever wasn't an option, as the classic prius doesn't have that mysterious dash button.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You want to spend some time in Southern California?

There's a teacher at San Dieguito High that's looking for a classic to convert. He's already converted regular ICE cars, now he's looking for a classic. He held a class some of the PriusSanDiego club members attended and he spoke at our last meeting.

Info on this page