1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can Nav Sys be programed to override radio?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by taimantis, Jun 30, 2005.

1. taimantis

taimantis New Member

Question - I noticed that when you are using the Navigational feature and are playing the radio at the same time that the Nav voice does not override the radio.

My husband has a Pioneer Avic in his car and when the navigational voice comes on to give directions, the radio is muted so you can clearly hear the directions.

Can the Prius GPS be programed to do the same??

2. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

mine does that...

It overrides the left driver's side woofer and speaks the directions out throught that. However, if the radio is loud enough, you wont hear it

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:c11b8f42ce]I don't think nav can mute the audio to give you guidance, but you can certainly adjust the guidance volume and it, supposedly, will adjust to the sound level in the car, but I don't believe it.[/font:c11b8f42ce]

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I suppose you could open the NAV box and route the speaker relay coil output that switches the door speaker from the radio to the NAV to another relay that would operate the mute output of the NAV.

That's the only way I can think of doing it.