1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

can "Prius" and "Hybrid" badges be easily removed?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bigun, May 2, 2006.

1. bigun

bigun New Member

I'm looking seriously at getting an '06. I pulled up behind a Prius this morning and noticed that the "Prius" and "Hybrid" badges on the back of the car are pretty prominent.

I'd like these badges to be more discreet, or be removed altogether.

I do care about the environment, foreign oil dependence, and all that, and these are motivating reasons for me to look at a Prius. But I don't like the advertising, and I don't want to preach the fact that I'm driving a Hybrid to the world. Maybe it's that South Park episode playing with my head :p

Has anybody attempted to remove these badges (so the only marking you would see on the back would be the Toyota name/logo in the center). Can it be done easily without leaving a mark, or screwholes, or whatever?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why didn't you buy a Civic Hybrid instead? hehe.

The emblems are all glued so floss and goo gone or hairdryer will do the trick.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I've heard it said that you get a Prius to make a statement and another hybrid (other than the Insight) in order to "fit in." But yeah, others have taken the emblems off. You can always stick them on a non-hybrid for a bit of fun. :)

4. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I don't like the prominent "hybrid" emblems on the sides of the '06 -- they're kinda tacky.

I like the rear emblem -- it's a more understated way of saying "this is a hybrid."

5. claytonroadie

claytonroadie New Member

Yes, the badges are easily removed. I removed mine on a warm, sunny day just by gently pulling on them. I took off everything on my '06 except for the Toyota logo in the center, which I've been told has two locater pins. See Darell's instructions for good tips after you get your Prius.link.

6. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Do you know anyone with a hummer?

You really need to stick that hybrid badge on a hummer just to get a picture...

7. bigun

bigun New Member

Thanks all for the info, especially claytonroadie for the link. I wasn't using the right search terms. Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks the car would look better without the emblems.