1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can someone recommend a charger to cycle/balance the batteries?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by skinnedknuckles, Feb 20, 2018.

1. skinnedknuckles

skinnedknuckles Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Hi folks, I'm new here. Great site. I just bought my first prius, a prius C model 4, and 2 days later the triangle of death appeared. Toyota dealer verified that it needs hybrid battery replacement. Car has 109,000 miles. They quoted about $3,750.00, and only one year warranty. I've removed the battery from the vehicle and checked individual module voltages, and they seem pretty good, all from 7.82 to 7.86 volts. i will need to load test and cycle the modules, and balance them. Can anyone recommend a charger that will be right for the job, and at what voltage do you set to charge the modules? My battery seems to be fine, I thought I would find a cell with some sort of lower voltage, but did not. The fan was partly covered in lint, and the tiny bus bars are somewhat corroded but other than that the battery seems good. I hope I can find the problem, rather than to have to replace the entire battery. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. jeff652

jeff652 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model: