1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can Theft Deterrent light drain battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by butterflyblue, Mar 20, 2008.

1. butterflyblue

butterflyblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Going to Europe for 2 weeks and am wondering if the red blinking Theft Deterrent light could drain my battery on my 2007 Prius while I'm gone. Someone told me I could take out the fuse for it, but not clear which one it is and don't I want the theft deterrent on while it's left in airport parking?

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, butterflyblue! You should be fine leaving your car for two weeks. Make sure the radio and all light switches are turned off and the KEY button is pressed if you have SKS (test by trying to start the car without the fob in the slot, if it starts, press the button again and test again). And just in case, read up on how to jump start the car from under the hood. Directions are in your manual and on here. The light is a little LED and doesn't use much power.

Have a great trip!

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I once ran a flashing LED 24/7 from a single small 9 volt transistor radio battery for about a month. I don't see the little flashing LED as a battery threat.