1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can video be displayed on the MDF if you don't have the Nav screen?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by SLO Cat Wrangler, Dec 6, 2008.

1. SLO Cat Wrangler

SLO Cat Wrangler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have seen a lot of info on prius chat about geting video though the nav screen.

I don't have a nav screen.

1) Can I install one?

2) How would I go about doing it?

Thanks
    Steve

2. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There are probably some wiring guru's around here that have done this kind of thing, but the standard answer is without NAV it is not a simple thing to do. It will cost you some jack even if you do have navigation.

As for adding factory navigation to your Prius it would be cost prohibitave. You would have to find a salvage model with all the wiring, steering wheel, screen, dvd player, disk etc.. I have no idea what kind of labor cost would be involved.

There are some aftermarket Navigation systems that come with a reverse camera that can be easily mounted to a license plate. Cost around $200 with an hour or two of sweat labor.

www.autobeyours.com has some information installing factory nav.

GPS w/ Backup Camera, Wireless Backup Camera, Pan & Tilt Baby monitor, Pan & Tilt IP Network Camera, Dancing Daisy baby monitor, usb wireless video camera info on backup camera and gps. There are other brands but you get the idea.

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    With Ultimate LockPick 3, you can.

LOCKPICK 3

4. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius