1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CAN-view problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by paulccullen, Sep 15, 2007.

1. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi all you CAN-view owners,

My CAN-view (v3) had been workng perfectly until a couple of weeks ago. The first clue was when I enable EV mode, the MFD would no longer automatically switch to CAN-view mode like it used to. When I manually switch to CAN-view mode on the MFD it is essentially blank except for the buttons on the bottom, like this...

[attachmentid=11473]

And those buttons no longer do anything.

I checked all the connections except the one at the back of the MFD (which is a pain to get to). But it looks to me like a software/firmware problem within the unit.

Norm: Are you still around? I remember you saying you were no longer building CAN-view units a while back.

Anyone else seen this, or have any ideas what's wrong?

TIA,

Paul.

Attached Files:

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you tried updating to the latest version or reflash it?

3. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheForce @ Sep 15 2007, 04:54 PM) [snapback]513151[/snapback]</div>
    Not yet, I thought about doing this, but don't have the necessary parts (external power supply, USB programmer and flashing software). I plan to get them.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No DICE unit attached? Have you disconnected the power from the CANview and replugged it in?

5. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 15 2007, 10:09 PM) [snapback]513214[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, no DICE unit. I'll try the power disconnnect. And I heard from Norm that the lastest V3 upgrades (CAN=SCsep067 and TV=SVjul097) should fix the problem