1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you get factory leather w/o a package 6?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by carolbrady, Sep 3, 2007.

1. carolbrady

carolbrady New Member

Hi. I am looking to purchase a 2008 pkg. 2 Prius but wanted factory leather. It appears you can't get a pkg 2 with leather w/o the upgrade to package 6. I researched a few posts - When people speak of "leather packages" are the talking about aftermarket? I am afraid to do aftermarket leather because of the airbags in the front seats.

TIA!

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(carolbrady @ Sep 3 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]506418[/snapback]</div>
    Factory leather is only available as part of the top package. The upholstery shop knows how to handle seats with airbags. Shop around to get exactly what you want.

3. jhp8

jhp8 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ Sep 3 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]506458[/snapback]</div>
    We got a 2007 Prius with package with after market leather in order to get heated seats. We chose an option with gel inserts in the leather upholstery which I believe gives more support and makes the seats more comfortable. We also had the shop add a little padding in the center console cover. We are very pleased with the leather upholstery which looks as good or better than factory.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(carolbrady @ Sep 3 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]506418[/snapback]</div>
    Your profile does not show where you are located. In the Southeast and Gulf regions, where independent Toyota distributors import the cars, it is possible to get port installed leather (PIO).