1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

can you lock the car while it is on?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Conine, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Conine

Conine New Member

meaning can i lock the doors so my neons inside can be seen and i can walk away if i am at a car show?

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Conine @ Jul 5 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]473658[/snapback]</div>

yes?

3. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Conine @ Jul 5 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]473658[/snapback]</div>
    I have the smart key system, so I don't know if this applies to the regular version or not, but I just dealt with this yesterday. I wanted to keep my cell phone charging in the car (with the ACC mode on), and found myself unable to lock the doors. The clicker didn't work, the physical locks didn't work, the outside push button didn't work... I finally figured out the actual manual key WOULD work though. Try that.

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mr. Zorg's advice will work, but you can still use the SKS to lock it. With the driver's window down, close the driver's door, reach inside to lock it with the armrest button, and close the window with the button. And get your arm out of the way. :)

You'll still need to unlock it with the manual key.

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Or just use the other fob.