1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you prove that Allah is not the one true God?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Mar 14, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    excerpted from Sam Harris's, Letter to a Christian Nation,

"Why don't you lose any sleep over whether to convert to Islam? Can you prove that Allah is not the one, true God? Can you prove that the archangel Gabriel did not visit Muhammad in his cave? Of course not. But you need not prove any of these things to reject the beliefs of Muslims as absurd. The burden is upon them to prove that their beliefs about God and Muhammad are valid. They have not done this. THey cannot do this. Muslums are simply not making claims about reality that can be corroborated. This is perfectly apparent to anyone who has not anesthetised himself with the dogma of Islam.

The truth is, you know exactly what it is like to be an atheist with respect to the beliefs of Muslims. Isn't it obvious that Muslims are folling themselves? Isn't it obvious that anyone who thinks that the Koran is the perfect word of the creator of the univers has not read the book critically? Isn't it obvious that the doctrine of Islam represents a near-perfect barrier to honest inquiry? Yes, these things are obvious. Understand that the way you view Islam is precisely the way devout Muslims view Hristianity. And it is the way I view all religions."

interesting stuff.

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Rational thinking !!! :rolleyes:

3. km5er

km5er New Member

Actually, all religion is a scam. How many folks have died because of conflicts of faith? No ..you are wrong...I do belive in god. I do not belive in religion. Religion is just mans way to explain god. If you are jewish, belive in budda, islam, baptist..or whatever both you and I believe in the same god. The difference is that I do not need a man made "religion" to feel secure in my belief.

Someday.....perhaps we are going to advance to the point that one man is not going to kill or hate another man because of religion.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The God Delusion is another example of rational thinking.

5. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My neighbor just suggested that I check out a new book by Victor J. Stenger. The title is, "GOD: the failed hypothesis - How science shows that God does not exist."

Not sure if I will buy it or not. but lately I can say I have questioned my faith. This may be a sign of depression, or just some rational thought patterns emerging. After all, there has been a lot of killing in the name of God lately. Who could ever be sure if thats what he wishes, or that he is a he and not just light? Or that She is a gay whale and is pissed at the japanese for eating everything that swims. I don't get it. Where do we find the answers to lifes most puzzling questions. Christian by baptism and by faith in Christ, I have to say that religion and politics are, and always will be, a very lethal mix. On the one hand, I don't see why so many non believers get upset if believers choose to believe in something larger than themselves. It should hurt no one if we just believe and not adopt zealotry to convert those around us. As for the agnostic crowd, I also understand that there is no way to know definitively whether God exists or does not exist. For me, faith answers that question. As for the science in our world. I say this, who am I to disregard the scientific findings of Gods most intelligent creatures?

KD6HDX
    $3.01 a gallon today for regualr unleaded here in So Cal....currently driving about 3,000 miles a month to and from work. We sure are glad we have a prius. Still going strong after 50 thousand miles...whoo hooo!!!

6. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Other than Mohammed being a rapist, pedophile, murderer, and his whole advocating violence thing... sure.. nothing is wrong with Muslims........... pfft

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Muslims are the reason we are @ war right now. Like it or not.. but it started thousands of years ago w/ Ghengis Kahn.. Tons of history regarding the atrocities Muslims have committed, and are STILL committing in our world today. The Christians had their Crusades.. due to Muslim oppression. They killed a lot of people in the name of Christ, but that was a LONG TIME AGO. Muslims have been doing the works of that evil Mohammad bastard for thousands of years.

Of course, some liberal will say "but .. but bbb bu bbut the crusades! Christians are bad too!" ..

To them, I say, pickup a history book.

7. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I would also like to recommend "Misquoting Jesus" by Bart B. Ehrman. Its a popular book about how the bible is a human construct that has changed through the ages.

For example the following passages of the bible are in NONE of the earliest copies or fragments we have of the bible.

The doctrine of the trinity

The "cast the first stone" story

The entire resurrection story!!

And others. I simply can not see how belief in the inerrancy of the bible can be sustained.

Cheers!

8. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 14 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]405767[/snapback]</div>
    Perhaps so, but that ain't the question. If Allah is the one true "god", and mayhem against unbelievers is what Allah wants, who are you, or anyone else, to argue? Just because any of us personally finds Allah's enthusiasm for destruction distasteful does not in the slightest disprove "his" existence.

And it sure as hell doesn't "prove" the so called "christian" "god" (who ain't no cuddly ball of love either) exists.

Answer the question. If you can't, neither you nor Muslims believe the way you do for any rational reason, and neither of you can furnish a molecule of objective evidence to believe one way or the other.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

9. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Most theistic religions claim that their God is the one true God, or in some cases, multiple Gods.

There is no way to prove or disprove.

The Ancient Greeks that Zeus was the man.. The Chrisitians, they think Yahweh is the master of the Universe.. and the perverse Muslims think Mohammad, the cave dwelling rapist, is the one and only.

10. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 14 2007, 07:16 PM) [snapback]405788[/snapback]</div>
    Great post! :lol:

11. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 14 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]405767[/snapback]</div>
    Hitler said this in a speech on april 21, 1922(norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 19-22August1939. Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20 Oxford University Press, 1942

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth!was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers an adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison...as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."

Enough history for you or should we include slavery and and genocide of the native americans?

12. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Mar 14 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]405796[/snapback]</div>
    Don't forget restricting their religous freedom and expressions after they had to stop killing the indigenous people who refused to convert. Have we lifted that ban yet?

13. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Mar 14 2007, 09:25 PM) [snapback]405796[/snapback]</div>

If you think Hitler was a real Christian and followed the teachings of Christ you are off your freaking out-of-your-rocker.

I can say that I'm a freaking glass of orange juice, but that doesn't make it so.

He was probably rallying the majority of his "voter base" just as good ol' Georgie boy.

.. and how about we lose the sarcastic tone? I was referencing HOW LONG Muslims have been killing for. Everyone knows what the so called "Christians" have done. Besides, your remark about a history book.. the ones at schools now-a-days probably don't mention the whole slavery and genocide thing.

ps - why is it that people like you always stand up for the other side by bringing up old stuff that Americans did. Do you WANT the enemy to win or something?

14. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 14 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]405801[/snapback]</div>
    And the muslims would say that if you think Osama Bin Laden is a "real Muslim and follows the teachings of Muhammad" that you'd be off your freaking out-of-your-rocker. If you're going to lump the muslim extremists then you better lump the Ku Klux Klan, Hitler, the OKC bomber, Jim Jones and all the rest of the nut balls who do what they do in the name of Christ.

15. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 14 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]405804[/snapback]</div>
    How many times has the Koran been translated? How many times do you think it has been modified?

"The Quran is a unique scripture because it has been preserved from the first moment of its revelation by both a written text and by memorizing it, one generation after another until this day. The oldest copy of the Quran and other old copies are still available for review. Any controversy in any written text was resolved by resorting to the memorized version. The one Quran we have has been in existence for the last 14 centuries and its memorizers all agree on the same wordings and confirm the correct way of writing it."

As you can see, the Koran, to this day, has remained unchanged. That wretched book COMMANDS violence, murder, and evil acts committed to those that do not succumb to Islam.

Also, it isn't Muslim EXTREMISTS.. committing this terrible acts, it is MUSLIM FUNDAMENTALISTS.. I wish people would get it right. Fundamentally, the garbage of the Koran commands violence.

... "b b bb but the OLD TESTAMENT says ________" ..

That excuse is just as pathetic as the Republicans "bbb bb bb bb bbut Clinton!!!"

Fundie Christians aren't exactly liked by the true followers of Christs teachings. The Moderate Muslims are SHUNNED by the "Real Muslims" for not doing as "They have been commanded"..

A Christian bomber blows up an Abortion Clinic.. Christians across America are outraged and speak out against it. Some hijackers take down our buildings and Muslims across the freaking globe are dancing in the streets.

WE ARE AT WAR WITH MUSLIM FUNDAMENTALISTS, WHY DO YOU SUPPORT THE ENEMY?

16. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I think you're a bit too biased against Muslims..... and this is coming from a former Muslim. The website you posted is biased.... here's just one example of the spin on the website...

Listed on the headlines is the title:
    "ISNA warns Jews not to trust Christians..."

The actual title/link:
    "Islamic leader urges Jews be wary of fundamentalists"
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/...undamentalists/

(and I agree with the President of ISNA)

There's just a lot of inflammatory type of material listed... kinda like the same misguided folks that right denialist articles about global climate disruption. IE - it's not a legitimate source of unbiased information.

17. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Mar 14 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]405811[/snapback]</div>
    Know your enemy. They've killed millions and MILLIONS of Buddhists AND Christians.. and they're trying to bring the battle here, to America. Your complacency will be our downfall.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Mar 14 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]405811[/snapback]</div>
    Just another example of Muslims creating doubt, anger, and hate. If Jews want to be friends w/ Christian Fundies in the fight against Muslims, then that is for the better. You know, it's the Jews that the Muslims REALLY hate.. right?

18. Mirza

Mirza New Member

And you don't suppose millions of Muslims have been killed? I'm far more scared of right wing nuts with their finger on the button of a nuke that can get away with anything and have such an action be called "defense."

As far as extremist Christians go:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

19. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Why do people such as yourself insist on justifying the Muslim violence occurring throughout the world by bashing Christians?

Our soldiers are DYING in a war against Muslim fundamentalists and you might as well be spitting on their graves.

20. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 14 2007, 10:21 PM) [snapback]405814[/snapback]</div>
    You do know that the muslim extremists are saying the exact same things about Christians...right. It is your fear, ignorance, prejudice and hatred that's fueling this.

I'm not saying that there aren't bad people out there...there clearly are, but Christianity has no monopoly on good and Muslims are not evil. You discount the evil of the Bible but put forth the Koran as if it had only one interpretation and presume all muslims believe it and are out to kill all non-muslims. neither extreme is accurate....