1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you remove some forums?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by dir, May 3, 2007.

1. dir

dir New Member

Is there any way to ignore certain forums so that they don't appear in the "View All New Posts" list? I'd prefer to read about Prius-related info, not what people think about Islam vs. Christianity, Kermit the Frog, word games, or the like.

I checked the config and there's a way to ignore specific posters. I'm hoping someone knows how to configure what groups I'm interested / not interested in.

The s/n ratio in "View all new posts" is way too high for my liking, but I do like the Prius topical posts, this being a "PriusChat" site.

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dir @ May 3 2007, 08:41 AM) [snapback]434673[/snapback]</div>

If you click view new posts, you can then select the specific forums you wish to view by holding down the ctrl key before you click "Perform the search." Even simpler, if you only wish to view Prius forums, click view new posts, just select "Toyota Prius Forums," then click "Perform the search."

3. bulek

bulek Junior Member

I agree... althought some of topics are really interesting I am here mostly for Prius related stuff.

According to advice I selected all entries on the forums list except of two: "All Forums" and "Fred's House of Pancakes" (only the two were deselected). Search results are showing 50% of Pancakes and 50% of other topics. What do I do wrong?

- Piotr

4. HappyPig

HappyPig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Likewise, is there a way to trim out all House of Pancakes threads in the RSS feed?

5. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bulek @ May 3 2007, 11:07 AM) [snapback]434783[/snapback]</div>
    As long as you select "PriusChat Forums" you're going to get all of the new posts in Fred's since FHOP is a subforum of "PriusChat Forums".

Currently, you would need to deselect "PriusChat Forums", in addition to deselecting "All Forums" and "Fred's House of Pancakes" and then select only the PriusChat subforums for which you want to view new posts.

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've asked for this capability a few times. Let me rephrase: Why is FHoP in PriusChat Forums but all the topics in Toyota Prius Forums, PriusChat Marketplace, Toyota Prius Community, and Local Clubs are not? PriusChat Marketplace certainly sounds like a PriusChat forum. The current structure is not well organized.

I think it's a good idea to have a space where non-Prius/HSD/Toyota/Environment/cars/etc. topics can be discussed. I've read some interesting and useful stuff in FHoP. But I come to PriusChat to chat about the Prius, not religion, politics, and the rest of the muck in FHoP.

Please make it easy to get to Other Cars, Environment, and PriusChat Website Questions (which includes the Newbie Forum) without having to see the FHoP topics. You could probably benefit the many FHoP users by making it its own Forum with sub-forums for politics, religion, stupidity, bad jokes, word games, etc.

And thank you, Danny and EFusco, Tag, TonyPSchaefer, for creating and moderating PriusChat.

7. just_marci

just_marci New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 3 2007, 05:29 PM) [snapback]435051[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, what he said.

Please?