1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you reset the red triangle light?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by 4n8chr, Oct 10, 2009.

1. 4n8chr

4n8chr New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a 2006 Prius and the headlights were not automatically leveling. Thanks to the wonderful report by Jason that detailed how to check the auto level sensor, we were able to remove it, take out the corroded springs and replace it with new springs. Unfortunately, when we put it back on the car, the red triangle light is on and the MID is showing that the leveling headlights is the problem. Is there any way to turn off that red triangle? Did it come on because the sensor was removed? I never got that light when the headlights stopped leveling. We were even thinking that perhaps the wires are reversed and the lights come on when the auto level sensor is working. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You can disconnect the 12V battery. That should reset everything.

3. 4n8chr

4n8chr New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When you disconnect the battery, does it affect anything except the codes?

1 person likes this.
  4. kiranc

kiranc New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi :) Any chance you can you point me to Jason's report? I just got the red triangle alarm and it was the dealer said it autoleveling on the lights. They said it would be 600+ for the repairs. $200 for the part and $400 for the labor since the computer compenent that they think went bad is behind the dashboard. Did removing the 12volt battery work for reseting everything for you?
    Thanks for any help,
    Kiran (new to owning a prius)