1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you save Navigation paths for later use?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by windstrings, Sep 16, 2006.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a favorite path I like to take through the backwoods over a 300 mile trek.
    My navigation always wants to take me through different ways that are more heavily traveled.

So I have to "add" destinations... up to as many as 5 to get it to go the way I want to go.

Only problem is, I haven't found a way to save that link with all those destinations?

I have to go to "previous" or my places to recall each place to recreate it all over again?.. or even go back to the map to reenter and recreate my destination pathway.

Has anyone found a way to recall this?

Also, if so.... can you then run it backwards?

For instance.. now that I have gotten to my final destination, is there a way to recall it and run it backwards to get back home on the same path I took to get where I presently am?

Hope that made sense? :blink:

-----------------------------------------------------

Wow..its been almost a day now and zero responses....... that must meant it cannot be done.

2. pete bogumill

pete bogumill New Member

hi windstrings i've had the same problem your speaking of. also i've tried the same thing you did. i also tried to trace the route and at least you can get to your desination and back but a person would think there would be a simpler way to do this? maybe this can't be done? :( pete

3. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pete bogumill @ Sep 17 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]320955[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe not.. its definately and improvement that would prove useful. To not only save mere destinations, but save the path you took to get there.

the problem I see with tracing is that you are limited to how many miles it will store.. I forget what that number is, but its not much.

BTW.. I like your avatar.... we should party together... we'd be a hit!

4. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is harder to navigate the Prius NAV system than it is to navigate the route.
    At least in Australia you cannot get lost. Just drive to you hit the coast and tern left. It might take a few days/weeks to get to your destination but at least you get there. Thank god for living on an island.

5. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orf @ Sep 18 2006, 02:28 AM) [snapback]321059[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: Australia is bigger than most countries!.... I guess anybody could do that, if they could keep from going in circles a million times before they even found the coast!

You must be able to see the ocean from most points?

I've never been there, but thats my secret love affair... Australia has always intrigued me and its so stinkin big, you can't see it all in years.