1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you sell a Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kkister1492, Oct 28, 2005.

1. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

How many of your friends have purchased a Prius as a result of seeing/driving yours?

3 of our friends have purchased. I think this is pretty good. I don't think I have ever had a friend purchase the same auto as mine - with the exception of a friend who bought a Pacer after we did. That is another story, totally! Other friends were all buying mini-vans when we were but we all purchased different makes and models. So three buying the Prius after we did is pretty unusual, I think.

How about you? What kind of influence have you been?

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Good thread topic!

Did your Pacer friend sue? T.P. your house? :p

I've influenced one friend to get a Prius. My next-door neighbor just can't hack the way it looks, but he did get an HCH three weeks ago. OK by me.

3. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

I influenced friends of my parents 1 year before I purchased mine. They bought before me. I didn't have the funds at the time. Now I keep suprising them with little mods here and there. They love to talk Prii.

My own friends are a tough crowd of younglings. The kind of people who ask "How fast can it go and what's the 0 - 60 time?"

4. prius04

prius04 New Member

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have "sold" 3 for sure. I have a couple of hot leads. The Prius sells itself.

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
  7. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

8. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Some friends who are active in various civic organizations with me saw my Silver Cloud, asked where I got it, then went there and bought one just like mine from the same salesman! I put on mudflaps so we could tell them apart. People see virtually identical silver Prii at meetings...

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope. I was one of the last of my friends to get a car. They all got Corollas and Matrix(es) instead.

10. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

After I took delivery of mine, a friend was so impressed she took one of the other ones I ordered. I've had mine since 12/03 and have introduced many interested lookie-lou's. My best friend and my father (both in Albuquerque) bought Hihi's after seeing my prius. While not everyone has bad dealer experiences at Marin Toyota, I did, so have sent many buyers to Santa Rosa Toyota.