1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you use Motorola V710 Voice commands?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bonanza34g, Mar 24, 2006.

1. bonanza34g

bonanza34g New Member

I have a 2005 Prius and a Verizon Motorola V710 phone.

I've read lots and lots of threads and I think I understand I can't transfer my phone book to the Prius (unless I try the trick with the PC and a bT adapter).

But there are other features I've not seen discussed.

I really like the voice activated dialing on the phone, but once the phone is connected to the Prius, I can't use the phone's "Name Dial" command - The microphone seems to be disabled. Is there a way to use this feature?

I have to admit I haven't used the Prius' phone book yet, does it have a similar "name dialing" feature?

Thanks much for your help.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I never could make the voice dial work but I had a V1.0 phone and I never updated it. I think I have read that others with more recent software have not been able to do it either. I just used the one button dial. Worked well enough but I have to say that one touch on the car is way better. Yes I dumped Verizon and have a Treo 650 Cingular phone and I like it.