1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you use Spotify on the Entune system?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by clokwise, May 8, 2012.

1. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can Spotify be used on the Entune system? I know there are lots of features, and I can always hook my iPhone up to the radio, but just wondering if there was an option for the dash monitor as well?

Thanks

2. PrissC

PrissC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It works as if you had your iPod playing. When I plug in my phone it automatically starts playing on the iPod setting. Usually it will start playing my list of songs saved on my iPhone. When I want to play songs from Spotify I just open the app on my phone and it will switch from the songs stored to the song that I want on Spotify.

So to answer your questions yes you can use Spotify. But it doesn't work as an app like Pandora does where you can select it straight from the touch screen on the car. You have to do it from the iPhone.

3. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah either use AUX for direct sound or BTSA and just launch the app on your phone.

4. dano9258

dano9258 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, spotify/rdio/mog all of them work. If the app on your phone plays music, you can play it through the car speakers using the AUX or bluetooth audio. But as they said before, it is not part of the Entune "suite" of apps.

5. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks for the info. Yeah i knew i could hook it up through the AUX just wasnt sure if there was an option to go through the entune system like pandora and the rest. From what I read Entune is garbage anyway.