1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you view mpg real time?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by clokwise, Jun 9, 2012.

1. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry I have so many questions guys. I'm looking at gettin a C just still saving my pennies until I can get then payments where I need them.

Is there a way to view a more real time mpg rather than an mpg calculation of the trip? Or more so maybe view your mpg by tank and reset it periodically? Or would I need a scan gauge for something like this??

Thanks

2. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Use the 5 Minute Consumption display. It's a bar graph rather than digital number readout, but I believe its the closest you can get to a real time MPG readout in the C.

3. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Would a scan gauge be able to handle that. On my current car I use an iPhone app that helps me keep up with it (whopping 19mpg!) just would be nice to not do it that way.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I use a scagauge in my GenIII but there is a bug that doesn't allow the SGII to accurately read instant mpg. We have figured out how to estimate gliding ability through proxy data, however, so the gauge is still very useful! If they are available for the c I would purchase one. :)

5. secondspassed

secondspassed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    If you get a C3 or C4 you can have a nice large bar graph mpg display on the head unit and have the Eco score on the little screen at the same time (sort of like a tach). It's really ideal, actually.