1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canada's Maya 300: the first lithium-ion full electric car sold in North America!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toronto - This summer, a first lithium-ion full electric car will be sold in Canada and the United States. It's the Canadian-born Maya 300, a B-segment model developed by Electrovaya. The introduction was made at 2009 Canadian International Auto Show held in Toronto.

This microcar is powered by an electric motor connected to SuperPolymer lithium-ion batteries, the latter being also designed and produced by Electrovaya. "It will be the first lithium-ion full electric car sold in North America", says Gitanjali DasGupta, Manager of the company's electric vehicle division.

Full Article

and I suppose what you guys want to know:

"The automaker will offer two types of batteries. The first one is a 12-kWh unit with a range of 80 kilometers, while the second is an 18-kWh battery allowing a maximum of 120 kilometers. Both can be charged by plugging the vehicle into a standard 110-volt power outlet. A full charge takes somewhere between 8 and 10 hour"

2. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was all excited until I got to the bottom of the first page of the article and saw that it 'meets all requirements for Low Speed Vehicles', and is akin to the ZENN... I would buy a car like this in a heartbeat but can't justify spending that much money on a vehicle that is limited to around basically around town. Congratulations nonetheless. :)

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Oh brother! Come on Tideland, you know better than that! The Tesla has been sold "in North America" for at least a year already!

Hype! More Hype! Oh, and it's not a car, it's a golf cart!

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    haha, I didn't write the title Dave =P, that's the article's title.

I'd still take the ZENN over this though.