1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian 2007 Camry Hybrid Pricing

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    $31,900 base
    under $36,000 loaded.

The thing is, the only package is Package "B" which adds leather, moonroof, heated front seats. Basically, it's similar to the Package "B" on a 2002-2004 Camry XLE 4 cylinder. I don't think these 3 items are gonna cost under $4k

2. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

Those are the only options available in the U.S. as well, aside from navigation and little reading lights (and heated outside mirrors, but those are probably standard in Canada). The car is very well equipped and there's no reason to get any options unless you specifically want leather or a moonroof. Or did you mean you wanted one but not the other?

3. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No but I was just trying to justify the price difference between the base and loaded model. We only have one package and those three items are in that package. I doubt that those three will cost $4,000.

But as a side note, the Camry Hybrid at $31,900 is a very good price. It's cheaper than my Prius! A base Prius costs $31,280.

The Camry adds: Power front seats, 16" alloys, VDIM, VSC, 7 airbags, Homelink, auto dimming mirror w/ compass, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, telescoping steering wheel, dual-zone auto A/C, ECO-A/C, JBL Audio with 6CD/MP3/WMA, AUX Input, 8 speakers and bluetooth, a more powerful engine and 5.7L/100km fuel economy rating.

The Camry doesn't seem to have a tyre pressure monitoring system or the MFD.... <annoyed>

Anyway, for $700 more than a base Prius, that's quite a steal. Naturally, it's much more than the US$25,900 asking price in the States.

4. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

Wow, toyota.ca sure sucks. Toyota.com is alot better. Anyway $32k is remarkably cheap in $CA for the Camry Hybrid, especially considering how ridiculously inflated the Prius' price is.

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    well, $700 more is quite the bargain (or in my point of view, a $2,000 rebate off my package "B"). Not only that, we have a $2,000 rebate from the B.C. or ON Gov't so that'll knock it back down.

An Accord Hybrid costs $36,990 the last time I checked.

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    $35,580 for a Package "B" model.

7. dipper

dipper Senior Member

Is it just me? The Camry's console looks outdated already. Why can't they have something similar to the Avalon's console?

Or better yet, an Avalon hybrid with the 4-cylinder setup. I can only dream, I guess... :angry:

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why? Because the Solara had something similar?

9. dipper

dipper Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Apr 10 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]237698[/snapback]</div>
    Not really. I used to have a Lexus, so I want something similar. After looking at the Avalon, the Camry's console just don't do it justice. IMO, this Avalon console is better than most luxury cars. :wub:

Avalon's Console

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ya but it's mostly plastic heh. It's good plastic though and I like the touch-pad like buttons for the climate control.

I still prefer the gen 5 Camry. It had a bigger "wow" factor over the gen 4 than this gen 6 has over the gen 5.

11. dipper

dipper Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Apr 11 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]238223[/snapback]</div>
    Its not the plastic that I really care for in the Avalon. It is how the climate control and radio are layed out that I love.

Plastics... I can always change with aftermarket parts... but how the console is layed out can't be changed without big dollars. :angry:

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yeah.. the touch-pad-like controls. They're quite cool. I think we should wait for the Solara replacement. From insiders at ToyotaNation, it'll be something that'll "wow" us. Not the whimpy "oh wow" but more like "WOW!!!"

We'll see when it comes out in 2 years.